The Manager of the Application Services requires the ability to lead a department responsible for managing daily application support tasks for our clients. These technical support tasks occur during client service requests, product improvements, and deployments. The Application Services Manager is a hands-on management position that requires individual contribution, as well as delegating work to appropriate team members. This Manager is the liaison b/t Application Support Services and Web Development.
CEDAR is a leading provider of an innovative generation of powerful Private-Cloud-Based Managed Services solutions for Strategic Document Outsourcing (SDO), Customer Communications Management (CCM), Electronic Invoice Presentment & Payment (EIPP) and Electronic Bill Presentment & Payment (EBPP), reshaping the way companies do business with their customers and partners.
Leadership: Lead support team responsible for production data processing, issue management, delivery, and web applications. Ensure new employees are properly trained. Completes annual performance reviews for department.
SLA compliance: Design, implement, and verify operational processes and procedures are in alignment with customer SLA and other external agreements.
Release Management: Coordinate change control policies with operational and development teams to ensure the procedures for service and customer specific upgrades are deployed correctly. Plan, coordinate, communicate, and manage product/code releases.
Documentation: Ensure that CEDAR’s workflows and applications are documented to assist in issue remediation and disaster recovery activities. Ensure procedures, and systems are in a high state of readiness to meet customer and CEDAR performance expectations.
Continuous Improvement: Determine, define, and advocate for product improvements that increase efficiency, reduce operational risk, or improves Quality of Service. Advocate for defect and product improvement scheduling in weekly release planning meetings.
Monitoring: Ensure application monitoring and alerting framework is effective.
- 2-5 years managing or leading teams
- Proficiency working in remote Unix/Linux-based (shell) environments
- Scripting experience with either Perl, Shell, or Bash
- Advanced skills with relational databases and SQL
- Experience managing and troubleshooting Java applications or other data driven web applications
- Experience managing code promotions for scheduled software releases
- Ability to work with a diverse high-performance team in a fast-paced 24x7x365 setting with on-call duties as required
- Jira/Confluence experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math preferred
- Health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- Never pay a deductible with our Heath Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
- 22 days PTO + 8 paid holidays
- Casual dress
- Flexible work hours
- Fun, fast-paced environment
- Opportunities for advancement
- 25 cent snacks
- Free covered parking
More about Careers at CEDAR.