CEDAR is seeking a problem solving, forward looking, and predictive thinker to join our Application Support team. This is a challenging position with good opportunities for career growth.
CEDAR is a leading provider of an innovative generation of powerful Private-Cloud-Based Managed Services solutions for Strategic Document Outsourcing (SDO), Customer Communications Management (CCM), Electronic Invoice Presentment & Payment (EIPP) and Electronic Bill Presentment & Payment (EBPP), reshaping the way companies do business with their customers and partners.
Position Specific Competencies:
Assists with issue resolution and/or root cause analysis of operational issues, utilizing tools such as Java, Python, Oracle Databases, BASH, and Selenium to debug code and data issues in complex workflows and applications. Participates in daily Issue Status meetings. Follows issue remediation policies.
Monitoring and Assurance
Monitors production processing, outputs and services to ensure that agreed levels of service and other quality metrics are being met. Ensures that processing exceptions are reported for remediation.
Software Release Promotion Activities
Participation in software release management and system configuration for application changes. Adheres to deployment and hot fix standards.
Documentation and Procedures
Understand and follow process documentation. Document procedures, services, issues, and changes as required.
- 1-2+ years of experience supporting complex applications on Unix-based systems
- Proficiency working in remote Unix/Linux-based environments
- 1-2+ years of experience in relational database SQL to aid testing scenarios and issue resolution
- 1-2+years of experience in automated testing using proprietary and custom tools
- Experience in Python, Perl, or another scripting language in order to debug existing scripts
- Programming knowledge (C, PHP, Java, etc.)
- Open to peak load and on-call responsibilities, which may result in after-hour and weekend work
- Strong problem solving abilities, organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills in working with technical and client services professionals
- Strong personal accountability for applications and systems under their operational control
- Ability to work well with operation teams, DBAs, software delivery teams, and infrastructure teams to deliver mission critical services
- Solid understanding of application change management
Balance of education and experience sufficient to suggest successful performance in a demanding role.
- Health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- Never pay a deductible with our Heath Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
- 22 days PTO + 8 paid holidays
- Casual dress
- Flexible work hours
- Fun, fast-paced environment
- Many opportunities for advancement
- 25 cent snacks
- Free covered parking